Chemical grouting is an effective and affordable process used to bind and compact soil, rock and concrete. It creates a stable, load-bearing platform to support structures and prevent water intrusion. There are two main types of injection grouting:
- Structural Grouting – Repairs cracks in concrete and rock. When the grout is injected into joints or fractures, it creates a strong adhesive, forms a waterproof bond, and permanently strengthens the integrity of the rock or concrete structure.
- Water Control Chemical Grouting – Stops water movement in granular soil or rock. It’s ideal for sealing leaky mines, tunnels, underground tanks, elevator shafts and more. Grout is injected to fill the spaces between soil and rock particles and form a waterproof mass. Strategically placed injections create multiple masses that interconnect. Together they form an underground curtain which prevents water from flowing.
Applications for Injection Grouting
Dry Building Solutions is a certified applicator of injection grouting. Our broad capabilities include:
- Mudjacking – Levels the soil beneath and around a foundation to support the structure and prevent further settling.
- Epoxy Injection – Repairs non-moving cracks in concrete walls, slabs and columns, restoring the concrete to its pre-cracked strength.
- Curtain Grouting – Stops water leaking through cracks or joints in concrete or masonry. Chemicals injected into the cracks react with water and expand to form a waterproof mass in the structure.
- Hydro-active Sea Foam – Fills cracks and leaks in a seawall, bulkhead or concrete slab. Grout foam is injected into the problem area where it expands and solidifies to provide permanent concrete support.
- Urethane Crack Injection – Fills cracks in concrete and foundations. It expands to form a sturdy, flexible closed cell foam that bonds to concrete and becomes a sturdy barrier to water penetration.
- Soil Stabilization and Lifting – Strengthens soil and increases its load bearing capacity for use as a structural base for roads, building pads or parking lots.
- Manhole Injection – Seals cracks, joints and space around pipe penetrations where ground water can infiltrate brick and pre-cast manholes, potentially causing sinkholes, road collapse and other damage.
- Expansion Joints – Allows a concrete slab to move so it doesn’t crack or stress the structure the slab abuts. Flexible and waterproof, expansion joints accommodate movement caused by ground settlement and temperature-induced expansion and contraction of building materials.
Why Choose Dry Building Solutions
Dry Building Solutions was founded by Charles Farrell, a second-generation waterproofer with over 50 years of experience. He’s a native New Yorker with unrivaled expertise in effective waterproofing and building reconstruction.
Dry Building Solutions is licensed, OSHA-certified for compliance with all safety regulations, and fully insured. Commercial clients choose Dry Building Solutions for our:
- Years of experience doing injection grouting
- Certified by DE NEEF®, the top solution for injection grouting
- Capacity to work on large commercial buildings (factories, hospitals, hotels, etc.)
- Proven track record for solving water-intrusion issues
- Expertise in waterproofing new and old structures
Get a Free Estimate
Contact Dry Building Solutions to perform chemical grout installation. We service businesses throughout metro New York (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Westchester County, etc.), New Jersey and Connecticut. We’ll come to your location and provide you with a no-obligation estimate for your construction project.