Raised Floor Systems
Moisture in Your Basement or Foundation
Are you experiencing water intrusion through your existing concrete floor? Do the floor’s openings and joints seem moist? Have you seen cracks in your slab or mold beginning to form?
These issues can occur for any number of reasons such as:
- Your existing concrete floor is below the water table
- Your home or building is located on a slope in an area with frequent rainfall
- Your structure lies in the path of runoff from melting snow in spring
- The concrete wasn’t properly installed from the beginning
- An underground natural spring runs just below the sub floor, creating hydrostatic pressure that pushes the water up through any open voids in the concrete
Basements and foundations subject to moisture or frequent flooding are susceptible to rust, stains, mold, fungus, odors, insect infestation and structural damage. Don’t wait to address a water intrusion problem; the situation will only worsen over time.
Waterproofing vs. Water Management
Dry Building Solutions can do a thorough evaluation and identify the cause of your water intrusion problem. When possible, we’ll waterproof the concrete floor, which is usually the most effective and affordable option.
We apply a waterproofing membrane between the ground and the slab, so that the slab stays dry. Once the membrane has been installed, we repair any damage that’s caused cracking, heaving or bulging of the floor or walls.
When hydrostatic pressure is the cause of your moisture issues, waterproofing may not be possible. If the water flow can’t be stopped, the best course of action is to manage the water.
We install sump pump pits in the corners, ADS piping around the perimeter, washed blue stone to fill the void and a drainage mat below the stone. We then pour a new, concrete raised floor at 4” thick, approximately 2” over the existing flood line. The water flows under the new concrete floor where it seeps into the sump pits and is sent out by the pump. Meanwhile your basement stays bone dry.
Why Choose Dry Building Solutions
Dry Building Solutions was founded and is operated by Charles Farrell, a second-generation waterproofer with over 50 years of experience. He’s a native New Yorker with unrivaled experience in in effective waterproofing and building reconstruction.
Dry Building Solutions has the experience, expertise and equipment to resolve your basement moisture problem quickly and permanently. We’re licensed, OSHA-certified for compliance with all safety regulations, and fully insured.
Contact Dry Building Solutions to:
- Waterproof the walls and floor of your basement or foundation to prevent moisture, condensation and flooding
- Build a raised floor that allows water to flow beneath your basement without intrusion
- Inspect fissures in your basement or foundation to determine whether they’re surface or structural cracks and make any necessary repairs
- Strengthen the concrete to provide reliable, long-lasting performance
Get a Free Estimate
If water intrusion in your basement or foundation is a common occurrence, don’t risk having the problem go from bad to worse. We’ll come to your home or commercial location in metro New York City, New Jersey or Connecticut and provide you with a no-obligation estimate to remedy the problem quickly and permanently. We’re licensed, fully insured and provide warranties on all work.